I used to be a Dog
I used to be a Dog, a visual novel made in 96 for a game jam.
Each action could leads to a different ending.
This is my first take in the visual novel, and I never played a game of this genre...
So, forgive me if it's not great. :)
- WASD or arrow keys to move and select an action.
- Spacebar to select an action or interact.
Criteria JamDNA 12:
- Visual Novel:
The gameplay is basically text-based and revolves all around player's actions. Each action could leads to a different ending.
the story revolves around the mystery of the main character.
the main character is a dog and will encounter other animals aswell.
- Extra-diegetic Music:
The music follows the mood... especially at the end.
All the assets were made from scratch by me for this jam.
8bit sound effects were made with Bfxr.
All other sounds come from Freesound.org:
- Gate opening sound by Sergenious.
- Disappear sound by erlipresidente.
- Piano ending sound by PSOVOD
- Ambient music by ambient-mixer.
Font used: PressStart2P, Apple garamond
Game engine: Stencyl
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.