Nice game! Really enjoyed the concept! Could be turned into something more
Chubby Shaman is a puzzle-platformer where you can make shockwaves on the ground and interact in a strange way with enemies and traps around you.
Being chubby is cool, especially for this Shaman that uses this "power" to create waves on the ground while he is trying to bring the tribe and the rain-stone at the altar.
Will you be able to make the rain dance ritual?
This game was made in 96 hours for JamDNA.
- WASD or arrow keys to move.
- Spacebar to jump (Higer the jump, harder the shockwave).
- "R" to reset if you got stuck.
- Press any key to skip the level introduction.
Criteria JamDNA 11:
The main gameplay is all about shockwaves that the character makes while hitting the ground: Higer the jump, harder the shockwave.
With this shockwaves you can throw traps and enemies in the air, but be aware that enemies can do that too!
All the assets were made from scratch by me for this jam.
8bit sound effects (eg. the jump, hit) were made with Bfxr.
All other sounds come from Freesound.org:
- Ocarina sound by carloscarty
- Tom tom sounds by hello-flowers
- Indian percussion sound by stevysound
- Thunder sound by InspectorJ
Font used: Open Sans
Game engine: Stencyl